To provide behavior management type services with the adult SMI population.
- Check and record consumer conditions such as vital signs and weight.
- Administer basic life saving techniques.
- Perform or assist in the performance of activities of daily living including but not limited to bathing, shaving, washing clothes and brushing teeth.
- Write nontechnical reports documenting patient behavior, activity, and progress towards habilitation/treatment plan goals.
- Direct and participate in recreational and social activities for consumers in accordance with written programs and habilitation plans.
- Accompany consumers to needed services outside the facility.
- Assist in the upkeep of the facility through limited cleaning, laundering, and maintenance tasks.
- Conduct and document operational activities such as fire drills and checking safety equipment as directed and trained to do so by senior staff.
- Use appropriate behavioralmanagement techniques when interacting with consumers.
- Report promptly for assigned shift and work beyond assigned shift hours including weekends and holidays temporarily, as needed.
- Stay awake and alert at all ti Make head count no less than every 15 minutes or as needed and document in log.
- Notify program manager or other senior staff of any referrals, elopements, acts of aggression or any other problem situation outside the scope of authority of Active Treatment Technician.
- Treat individuals receiving services, family members, staff, volunteers, visitors, government agencies, and the general public with respect, dignity, and courtesy at all times. Conduct yourself in a manner which leaves a favorable impression with the public.
- Adhere to all Department of Mental Health Standards, Division of Medicaid Standards, and maintain respect for all other LIFECORE Health Group’spolicies, procedures, and management decisions.
- Respect and uphold the confidentiality of individuals receiving services, their family members, colleagues, and any sensitive situations arising within the agency. Refrain from malicious gossip at all times.
- Participate in all training required for your specific position and by the agency at large.
- Perform other specific duties as assigned by your supervisor/manager/coordinator.
- Must possess leadership ability, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and must possess the willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
Valid Mississippi Driver’s License
- PTO for personal needs and sick leave
- Military leave
- Health Savings Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- PERS Retirement
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Supplemental Policies
Tina Hooker, LPC-S, NCC
Crisis Stabilization Unit, Director
LIFECORE HEALTH GROUP
1927-B Briar Ridge Rd
Tupelo, MS 38804