The MCERT Court Liaison/Therapist will serve the people in need of mental health services who come in contact with the court system and law enforcement. The liaison will interact and advocate for the people who interact with the court system/law enforcement and assist with connecting the people with community support systems in order to reduce the number of unnecessary institutionalizations. The Court liaison will partner with the Chancery Court clerks, Law Enforcement Agencies as well as Community Mental Health Centers in order to ensure a better outcome for those in need.
The Court Liaison/Therapist job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of Lifecore Policies and Procedures and DMH Operational Standards pertaining to position.
- Ensure Quality Assurance with systematic monitoring and evaluation of the various aspects of service documentation to ensure that standards of quality are being met.
- Provide Quality Customer Service: care of service recipients by ensuring provision and delivery of professional, helpful, high quality service.
- Working directly with the individual/and or loved ones who are seeking a commitment and linkage with treatment.
- Working directly to ensure appropriate pre-evaluation screenings, evaluations and other needed mental health services for individuals are completed.
- Responsible for facilitating communication and collaboration between judicial, law enforcement and behavioral health systems.
- Promoting positive outcomes for individuals living with mental health or co-occurring behavioral health conditions.
- Keep the communication lines open with judges, district attorneys, law enforcement and defense attorneys regarding available community-based behavioral health services available for defendants, and connecting individuals to these services as well as conducting screenings and evaluations to divert from institutionalization.
- Primarily working with Lee County, Itawamba County and Monroe County Chancery Clerk offices.
- Provide therapeutic interventions as indicated for above noted clients per supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or related Mental Health Field. Hold a professional license, or obtain and maintain DMH Credentialing for Therapist, MH, IDD, and/or AD, whichever is appropriate to the population being served.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish professional relationships with clients and staff
- PTO for personal needs and sick leave
- Military leave
- Health Savings Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- PERS Retirement
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Supplemental Policies
Mary D. Stacy, LMSW
MCERT Supervisor, (Mobile Crisis Emergency Response Team)
Lifecore Health Group
662-640-4595, ext 532